At BJ’s we are extremely proud of our team members’ commitment and dedication to our award-winning TASC Force program (Team Action to Support Communities). Team members from our restaurants across the country voluntarily engage in programs and events that benefit their respective communities. Our TASC Force team members do this on their own time, and they do it as a team. They do it because it’s simply the right thing to do, and they inevitably come away as better individuals and more responsible citizens. Also, in recognition of our volunteer teams, our Foundation provides monetary donations to many of the charities supported by our team members. I look forward to sharing our TASC Force stories with you.
Here are some examples of our TASC Force team members’ volunteering efforts since last year’s holiday season:
- Organized a fundraiser for a young child with terminal cancer
- Voluntarily donated their tips to purchase holiday gifts for foster and adopted children
- A team helped clean up and paint a local school’s kindergarten room; another hosted a holiday party for children in the county’s children’s services program
- Donated food and labor for a community appreciation day for families of its city’s police force
- Hosted a party for a young cancer patient to help fulfill his request with the Make-A-Wish program
- Volunteered with Habitat for Humanity for home building projects in several cities
I look forward to sharing our TASC Force stories with you.