BJ’s Restaurants, Inc.
Last updated: July 1, 2016
Information Collected About You
We collect information about you in a variety of ways through our Sites.
- Participation in Our Programs. When you register and/or participate in the BJ’s Premier Rewards Program or any other program we may offer, you will be asked to provide certain personal information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, and date of birth or age, as well as to generate a user name and password. As you use your account, we may also collect other information from you, such as which of our restaurants you visit, the points you earn and rewards you redeem, and any preferences you express. You may also periodically be asked for information concerning what you like and do not like (such as your favorite pizza flavor!).
- Online Purchases. When you make a purchase on one of our Sites, you will be asked to provide information necessary to facilitate the transaction, such as your credit card or debit card number, associated security code, telephone number, billing address, email address, and shipping address.
- Careers. If you choose to explore career opportunities at BJ’s by providing information on our “Careers” webpage, you will be asked for contact information as well as information about your employment and educational history and other relevant information. This portion of our Site may be operated by a third-party service provider collecting the information on our behalf.
- Sign-Up for Emails or Other Correspondence. If you sign up on one of our Sites to receive email communications or other correspondence from us, you may be asked to provide us with your name, email address, and/or mailing address, along with other information related to your subscription or correspondence.
- Usage Data. When you use or access any of our Sites, we may collect certain usage data generated by your activities on the Sites, including your pages viewed, number of bytes transferred, hyperlinks clicked, and other actions you take on our Sites. Each of our Sites may also track the URL that you visited before you come to the Site, the URL to which you next go, and your Internet Protocol (IP) address or mobile device identifier.
- Third-Party Integrated Services. We may incorporate third-party ads and other third-party content on our Sites, and integrate other third-party offerings into our Sites, enabling certain third parties to collect information about you or your online activities across other websites and over time through your use of our Sites. Any information collected through such integrated technologies is collected directly by these third parties for use by such third parties and other authorized parties, subject to the privacy policies of those other parties.
- Online Inquiries. When you submit an inquiry or otherwise correspond through one of our Sites, you may be asked to provide your name, email address, and/or other personal information to us.
Use and Retention of the Information About You
BJ’s and our affiliates may use information collected about you through our Sites for a variety of commercial purposes. Without limitation, we may use such information to:
- administer and improve our Sites and businesses;
- grow our businesses by delivering a broad range of personalized products and services to you and other customers;
- offer our products or services (or those of our affiliates or third parties) that we think you may find of interest;
- understand our customers’ preferences and history, and tailor our services and promotional offers accordingly;
- respond to inquiries;
- process transactions you request and deliver products that you have purchased;
- send you promotional and other offers via email and traditional mail, informing you about our products and services and other offerings;
- communicate with you regarding your membership in our BJ’s Premier Rewards Program or other promotional program, and facilitate the functioning of our programs (such as the delivery of rewards); and
- conduct other marketing and commercial activities.
We may keep indefinitely all of the information about you collected through our Sites.
Disclosure of the Information About You
We may disclose any of the information about you collected through our Sites to unaffiliated third parties in any or all of the following circumstances:
(1) when you request or authorize the disclosure;
(2) when the information is provided to help complete a transaction for you;
(3) when the information is provided to one or more of our agents, outside vendors or service providers to perform functions on our behalf (such as to analyze data, provide marketing assistance, provide customer service, and/or to process orders);
(4) when the information is collected by third-party ads, content or technologies integrated with any of our Sites;
(5) when the information is provided to one of our partners or other third parties for their own marketing or other commercial purposes;
(7) when the disclosure is done as part of a purchase, transfer or sale of services, assets, or capital stock (such as in the event that substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case customer information may be one of the transferred assets); or
Do Not Track Signals
At this time, our Sites do not support “Do Not Track” preferences that may be available in your browser for letting websites know that you do not want them collecting certain kinds of information. If you turn on the “Do Not Track” setting on your browser, our Sites are not currently capable of following whatever Do Not Track preferences you set. For more information about Do Not Track, visit donottrack.us.
Your California Privacy Rights
Please note that we may share information collected about you with our affiliates and other third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Under California law, a California resident with whom we have an established relationship has the right to request certain information with respect to the types of personal information that we have shared with third parties for these purposes, and the identities of those third parties, within the immediately preceding calendar year, subject to certain exceptions. All requests for such information must be in writing and sent to us at CaliforniaPrivacyRights@bjsrestaurants.com.
Links to Third-Party Sites
We use reasonable technical, administrative and physical measures to protect information contained in our systems against misuse, loss or alteration. We use encryption technology to protect sensitive information, such as credit card information, being transferred to our Site. Please note, however, that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure. If we receive instructions using your log-in information, we will assume that you have authorized such instructions, so please keep your user name and password secure.
Access to Your Information and Your Choices
If you have registered for an account on any of our Sites, you have the ability to edit certain personal information you have provided to us by logging into your account and making the changes. To update the information you provided for a newsletter or other mailing, please “unsubscribe,” and then “subscribe” to re-submit your information.
You can choose not to receive promotional emails from us by “unsubscribing” using the instructions in any email you receive from us. This will not stop us from sending emails about your account or your transactions with us.
If you have agreed to let us send you text messages, you can withdraw your consent at any time by sending a text to us with the word “STOP”, in response to any text message we send you. We may send you one immediate confirmation text acknowledging receipt of your message.
You can choose to delete or block cookies by setting your browser to either reject all cookies or to allow cookies only from selected Sites. If you block cookies, please note that performance of the Site may be impaired and certain features may not function at all.
Changes to These Terms