TERMS & CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) govern your participation in the “Buy a Hero a Pizookie” program (the “Program”) hosted by BJ’s Restaurants, Inc. (“BJ’s”). This Program is void outside of the United States and where prohibited or restricted by law.
- CONTRIBUTIONS. Any contribution you make under this Program will go into a fund that BJ’s is administering from which promo codes redeemable for a Pizookie® at a BJ’s restaurant can be claimed online by any current or former military personnel, whether full active duty or part-time (each such person, a “Hero” under this Program). You may make a contribution at a BJ’s restaurant in any amount of $1 or more. All contributions will go into a fund to support promo codes redeemed by individuals qualifying as Heroes under this Program (except as set forth in Section 4 below). Contributions made under this Program are not tax deductible.
- REDEEMING A PROMO CODE. To redeem a promo code for a Pizookie of your choice at a BJ’s restaurant, you must provide adequate proof (in BJ’s sole discretion) that you are a current or former military personnel, whether full active duty or part-time. The promo code will expire 72 hours after it is issued to you, and must be used in compliance with its terms and conditions. Limit: One (1) promo code request per person per day, and subject to availability. Any promo code that has been reproduced, tampered with or obtained other than through legitimate and authorized sources is void. Cash value of each promo code: 0¢.
- MINIMUM AGE. You must be at least 18 years old to participate in this Program, either to make a contribution to the fund BJ’s is administering or to request or redeem a promo code.
- TERMINATION. BJ’s reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate this Program at any time. Upon termination of this Program by BJ’s, any amount remaining in the fund BJ’s is administering under this Program will fund any outstanding promo codes. When all promo codes have expired, any remaining amount in the fund will be donated to a military charity of BJ’s choice.
- 5. NO WARRANTY. BJ’S MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THIS PROGRAM, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. By participating in this Program, you agree that BJ’s and its affiliates and agencies, as well as their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (a) shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to your participation in this Program; (b) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, any incidental, consequential or any other indirect damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
- GOVERNING LAW. Any dispute arising from this Program or these Terms, and all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms or the rights and obligations of participants or BJ’s in connection with this Program, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect or regard to any principles or doctrines of conflicts of law.
- DISPUTES. Except where prohibited by law, any action arising out of or relating to this Program or these Terms shall be resolved individually and exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and conducted before a single arbitrator, all pursuant to the AAA Consumer Arbitration Rules, which includes payment by BJ’s of many of the fees associated with such arbitration, whether initiated by BJ’s or you. The arbitration shall be held at a location in the state in which you live. There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated (or otherwise disputed) on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only BJ’s or your individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated. ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS PROGRAM WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. ANY RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY IS HEREBY WAIVED. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Terms, if the amount in dispute arising out of or relating to this Program or these Terms is less than the jurisdictional maximum of a small claims court applicable in the state in which you live, you may bring an action in such small claims court for such dispute, which will be in lieu of arbitration or an action in any other court.
- CONTACT US: If you have any questions about this Program or these Terms, please contact us at email@example.com, or BJ’s Restaurants, Inc. “Buy a Hero a Pizookie” Program, 7755 Center Avenue, Suite 300, Huntington Beach, CA 92647.
© 2018 BJ’s Restaurants, Inc.